Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Learning to walk away.


So this just happened.

Okay, it happened about 2 weeks ago but I just scanned and filed it.

Labeling emotions. Is. So. Hard.

But my Boy's SLP caught him on a pliable day and worked on it with him. And okay so by ''pliable'' I mean he punched a 3 year old girl in the throat because she made eye contact at the exact moment she stepped into his pre-determined personal space/war zone.

So it was fresh on his mind.

And we got some nice labeling and ownership out of the deal. Which. Never. Happens. So we are counting this as a monumental win. Cheers.





"When I see new people it" makes me angry.

When I am angry "I want to hit."



You know ... if no one ever looked at him, made eye contact or came near him life might be easier.

Except me. I can look at him. I made the happy list. Because I'm awesome.

 


"Buying lots of toys" makes me happy.

"When I see my mom it" makes me happy.


So... me and toys. LOTS of toys. I'm good with that.


<3 Spectrum Mom



P.S. "Better choice is to walk away'' would be the adult/therapist input during this particular conversation. #IPromiseYouThat 

No comments:

Post a Comment