Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I just wanted to go outside.

Fall is coming. Okay, technically it's already here. But colder days are coming. I wanted to go outside on this unseasonably warm day. Which meant HE didn't.

I was determined.

And eventually I won.

For all of about ten minutes, maybe. But I like to celebrate all of life's victories. Even the ten minute ones.

What didn't work:

"I want to go outside."

"Come on, let's go outside."

"Outside time!"

"It's a beautiful day. We are going outside."

"Hurry, let's go see the mail truck."

"We need to go outside and get some vitamin d."

"I'll take your toys outside now."

"You haven't felt well, let's sit outside in the fresh air."


What did work:

"Let's go outside and recharge our tummies in the sun like Wall-E."

Watching "the sun paint the grass."

No comments:

Post a Comment